Our Commitment to Privacy
Protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information is an important aspect of the way Reinhart Foods conducts its business. Collecting, using, and disclosing personal information in an appropriate, responsible, and ethical manner is fundamental to Reinhart Food’s daily operations.
Reinhart Foods strives to protect and respect personal information of its customers, employees, suppliers, etc., in accordance with all applicable regional and federal laws. Each staff member of Reinhart Foods must abide by this organization’s procedures and practices when handling personal information.
Personal information is defined as any identifying information about an individual or group of individuals, including name, date of birth, address, phone number, e-mail address, social insurance number, nationality, gender, health history, financial data, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, assets, debts, liabilities, payment records, credit records, loan records, opinions, and personal views.
Business information is defined as business name, business address, business telephone number, name(s) of owner(s), and executive officer(s), job titles, business registration numbers, and financial status. Business information is treated and handled with the same level of confidentiality, privacy, and respect as personal information.
Consent occurs and is obtained when an individual signs an application, contract or other form containing personal information, thereby authorizing Reinhart Foods to collect, use, and disclose the individual’s personal information for the purposes stated on the form or in the Appropriate Use section of this policy.
- Implied consent is granted by the individual when he/she signs the application, contract or employment form. This allows Reinhart Foods to obtain or verify information from third parties (such as banks, credit bureaus, lenders, reference checks or insurance companies) in the process of assessing the eligibility of an individual, customer, client, job applicant, or business partner.
- Reinhart Foods obtains personal information directly from the individual to which the information belongs. Individuals are entitled to know how Reinhart Foods uses personal information and this organization will limit the use of any personal information collected only to what is needed for those stated purposes. Reinhart Foods will obtain individual consent if personal information is to be used for any other purpose. Reinhart Foods will not use that information without the consent of the individual.
- Reinhart Foods will retain personal information only for the duration it is needed for conducting business. Once personal information is no longer required, it will be destroyed in a safe and secure manner. However, certain laws may require that certain personal information be kept for a specified amount of time. Where this is the case, the law will supersede this policy.
- Reinhart Foods vows to protect personal information with the appropriate security measures, physical safeguards, and electronic precautions. Reinhart Foods maintains personal information through a combination of paper and electronic files. Where required by law or disaster recovery/business continuity policies, older records may be stored in a secure, offsite location.
- Access to personal information will be authorized only for the employees and other agents of Reinhart Foods who require the information to perform their job duties, and to those otherwise authorized by law.
- Reinhart Food’s computer and network systems are secured by complex passwords. Only authorized individuals may access secure systems and databases.
- Active files are kept in locked filing cabinets.
- Routers and servers connected to the Internet are protected by a firewall, and are further protected by virus attacks or “snooping” by sufficient software solutions.
- Personally identifiable information about the individual that is collected from the Web site or through affiliate sites.
- Information about the organization collecting the data.
- How the data will be used.
- With whom the data may or may not be disclosed.
- What options are available to the individual regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information
- How the individual may access and correct any inaccuracies in their personal information.
- Reinhart Foods may share compiled demographic information with its business partners and/or advertisers, but no personal information that can identify any individual person shall be disclosed.
- This Web site may contain links to other sites, but Reinhart Foods is not responsible for the privacy practices of other organizations’ sites.
- Any registration or order form asking site visitors to enter personal or financial information will be protected.
- Site visitors are given the choice to opt out of having their personal information used at the point where the information is gathered.
- In most instances, Reinhart Foods will grant individuals access to their personal information upon presentation of a written request and satisfactory identification. If an individual finds errors of fact with his/her personal information, please notify Reinhart Foods as soon as possible to make the appropriate corrections. Should Reinhart Foods deny an individual’s request for access to his/her personal information, Reinhart Foods will advise in writing of the reason for such a refusal. The individual may then challenge the decision.
- Reinhart Foods may use personal information without the individual’s consent under particular circumstances. These situations include, but are not limited to:
- Reinhart Foods is under obligation by law to disclose personal information in order to adhere to the requirements of an investigation of the contravention of a regional or federal, under the purview of the appropriate authorities.
- An emergency exists that threatens an individual’s life, health, or personal security.
- The personal information is for in-house statistical study or research.
- The personal information is already publicly available.
- Disclosure is required to investigate a breach of contract.
Reinhart Foods Ltd, 235 Yorkland Blvd, Suite 1101, Toronto, ON, Canada, M2J 4Y8, Phone: 416-645-4910, Fax: 1-888-519-0079
Reinhart Foods will investigate and respond to concerns about any aspect of the handling of personal information. This organization will address concerns to the best of its abilities.